We have all had days where everything that can go wrong usually does go wrong. Whether it is your car breaking down, messing up in the presentation in front of the Big Boss or sending out the wrong report, there are days where you just can’t catch a break. So how do you deal with yourself where you basically are feeling totally rubbish.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself, keep working to the best of your ability realising mistakes do happen but how you overcome those is the true test off your character.
- Do something that makes you feel better, and gives you a mental boost, whether it is taking a jog going for a swim or whatever that makes you think positively again.
- Set yourself tasks that you can accomplish. Positive feelings are reinforced by a combination of pleasure and a sense of accomplishment. If you are able to tick off things that you intended to accomplish, you will start feeling good about yourself and help in shaping a positive mindset.
- Embrace the impact of the events one at a time rather than a series of events in quick succession. You will feel better than when you embrace the knowledge that an event is one-off or random incident of bad luck.
- Finally recognize that the luck changes and things will even out and this bad phase will pass.